Monday, October 15, 2007

Tools for using film clips in the classroom

I really like to use film clips to illustrate various points. It's easy to do these days if you have Internet available in the classroom with so many film, tv, and advertising clips available via YouTube. This fall, I ended up in a room without Internet access. Luckily, there are tools that help you download clips to your computer. The two tools I've been using are Video Downloader and KEEPVID.

Here are a few of the clips I use in my courses:


To talk about classroom discussion facilitation --




To talk about the lecture format --





To talk about the future use of technology to support teaching and learning --





To talk about adult learning theory --








To talk about student engagement --





To talk about classroom management --

No comments: